“So You Think You Can Dance” Top 10 results show for 12/02/2009


Welcome back to Simple Man Entertainment and the review of the 12/02/2009 Top 10 results show for “So You Think You Can Dance”. From here on out all of the dancers will be judged by the fans and the two with the lowest amount of votes will be cut and the judges cannot change the results. I will try to make this one short and sweet for you and I hope you all enjoy the review. Anyways without further adieu let’s get started.

As always the show results show for “So You Think You Can Dance” starts with a routine choreographed by one of the shows choreographers and performed by the shows dancers. This week’s routine was choreographed by Tyce Diorio (one of my favorites) to the Billy Joel tune “It’s Still Rock and Roll to Me”. It was a good piece and performed excellently by the Top 10 dancers.

After the opening routine was completed Kat Deeley wasted no time bringing out the dancers to find out which two guys and which two gals were in the bottom. In the end the two guys in the bottom were Ryan and Nathan, while the bottom two girls were Noelle and Kathryn. Joy was right when she predicted to me that these four would be in the bottom. I personally thought so too, but I was making no predictions because the fans are in charge now.

After the bottom four dancers were announced we got to see an awesome routine by the Legion of Extraordinary Dancers. The performed the multi dancer B-Boy routine to Cold Plays Yellow, which was performed by the Vitamin String Quartet. The routine was smokin hot and I really enjoyed it. Unfortunately I can’t find a video of the routine performed last night or in any other venue for you all to see, so you will have to take my word for it.

After the Legion of Extraordinary Dancers had performed it was time for the bottom four dancers to perform their solos. I found it impossible to say that any of the dancers were better or worse than the others and I think thy all brought their best efforts to the solos and all of their solos got excellent critiques from the judges as well. At this stage of the competition all of the dancers are expected to be extremely good dancers though.

Once the solos were completed we got another treat. Rapper Snoop Dogg performed his new tune “I Wanna Rock” and featured Qwest a crew who won the award for Americas Best Dance Crew. Qwest also has two former “So You Think You Can Dance” alumni Domenic and Hawk. Rick Hart and The Rangers were also featured in this performance. It was a good routine and startling to find out that Snoop Dogg could be so family friendly also.

However as is always the case in the results show after Snoops routine it was time to find out which two dancers got the axe. The two that went home last night were Nathan and Noelle. I was not surprised to see Nathan leave, but I was a little surprised to see that it was Noelle who got dropped on the girl’s side. I will say though that the crowd got it right and cut the two that were the weak links.

Well that is your Top 10 results show in a nutshell. I can’t wait to see what will happen with the Top 8 next week though. I hope you all have enjoyed this post and that you enjoy the Snoop Dogg video, which features Qwest although it isn’t from last night. Have a great evening my friends CIAO4NOW!!!!!

1 Response to "“So You Think You Can Dance” Top 10 results show for 12/02/2009"

  1. Eric Davidson says:
    December 4, 2009 at 11:15 PM

    It's not all that surprising that Noelle is out of the SYTYCD race - she didn't have good dance feet, bad form