Fireproof.....An Excellent Movie


Hello my friends, today is the official first day of this blog Simple Man Entertainment. I was supposed to write about the movie “W”, but do to circumstances beyond my control I was unable to view the movie again, which is code for my life has been insane the last couple of days. Anyway instead of “W” I am going to write about a really good movie I watched over the past weekend called FIREPROOF.

This movie takes place in Albany GA a nice little town east of Atlanta. The story is about a firefighter Caleb Holt played by Kirk Cameron and his wife Catherine Holt who is played by Erin Bethea. They are having very serious marital problems and just about come to the end of their respective ropes when Caleb’s father John Holt who is played by Harris Malcom steps in and asked his son to try one more thing before calling it quits.

The task he sets for his son is anything but simple. What he asking of his son is to wait for forty days before divorcing his wife and in the mean time to try an experiment known as “The Love Dare”. The idea behind “The Love Dare” is that after forty days you will have either saved your marriage or have figured out for sure that it is over. This is done by performing forty different dares over that time each one different from the one before.

This movie is also very much about faith. Caleb’s father and mother who is played by Phyllis Malcom are born again Christians. “The Love dare” has its roots in their newfound faith, which Caleb soon figures out. Over the course of time and with help from his friend and co-worker Michael who is played by Ken Bevel also a devout Christian he learns to loved god and ultimately his wife.

The cast of this crew with the exception of Kirk Cameron are unprofessional actors and members of the same congregation and church. Now while it may be obvious that the players in this drama are not professionals the screenplay is very well written and the people are cast in their roles very well. The soundtrack for the movie blends very well into the background making it easy to watch the movie also. This is a movie that the entire family can watch as well.

On a scale of one to ten I would have to say that this movie would certainly be an eight. While there are no car chases, explosions, or guns going off it does have its action packed moments. I would definitely recommend it to those who have a family, who are looking for a feel good movie, or are having marital problems. For those in the last category I am going to suggest that you visit FireProofMyMarriage.com. I really hope it will help you if you need it.

Well my friends that is all I have for you today, but I will be back again next week. Have a terrific day, CIAO4NOW!!!!!

P.S. HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!!!

2 Response to "Fireproof.....An Excellent Movie"

  1. Anonymous Says:
    February 13, 2009 at 10:13 PM

    You are so right this is a very good movie. I really enjoyed it thanks for recommending it.

  2. Joy says:
    February 25, 2009 at 1:38 PM

    I watched this movie and was very moved by it. I really enjoyed the movie myself and believe that it is a very timely movie for the millions of Americans who are dealing with marital issues. The concept of a "fireproof" marriage is not one most Americans are familiar with, which is shown by the 50%+ divorce rate in this country. Perhaps this movie can be used to turn that around. Great post and great movie!