Terry Brooks and the Shannara Saga's.....


Welcome my friends to the 2nd installment of Simple Man Entertainment. I know I’m supposed to write about the movie “W” but to be honest I haven’t had the time to watch it again, but I will soon. Today I want to talk a little bit about a series of books I have been reading off and on for years. The series of books I want to talk about is the Shannara saga’s by Terry Brooks. Terry Brooks is a writer of fantasy fiction and epic fantasy.

There are five parts to the Shannara saga’s beginning with Shannara and the first book First King Of Shannara and ending in the Genesis Of Shannara and the last book The Elves Of Cintra. The other three parts of the saga are The Heritage of Shannara, The Voyage Of The Sherle Shannara, and The High Druid Of Shannara, which is the part I just finished. I will be starting part five The Genesis Of Shannara very soon.

If you are into fantasy fiction or epic fantasy I would recommend this author highly. I would put Terry Brooks in the same category of great authors in these genres as J.R.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis. As great as The Hobbit and The Lord Of The Rings and as well the Narnia saga’s so are these stories every bit as great within the same genres.

Terry Brooks has the ability to create this great, wonderful, magical, and savage world, and then draw you into it. His character development is outstanding with each of the characters having their own very unique abilities, personalities and backgrounds. He also has a great sense of the topography of the world that he has created within the four lands, which is the setting for much of these stories.

As an avid reader I have spent countless hours and days lost within the pages and the world that was created by Mr. Brooks, and I always come away thirsting for more. Fortunately there is plenty more from this fantastic writer to enjoy, because he has written many other books besides those of The World of Shannara. If you like to read to escape and epic fantasy is your cup of tea then I would highly recommend this author to you to read.

For the record I will never recommend a book, movie, band, or song that I have not read, watched or listened to first. This is because it would be ethically wrong to do so and I would feel betrayed if the same was done to me, and I am not here to betray anyone. I am only here to help you entertain yourselves and hopefully broaden your horizons with what you choose to entertain yourselves with.

I hope you all have an excellent evening and a great week. I will be back again soon, CIAO4NOW!!!!!

2 Response to "Terry Brooks and the Shannara Saga's....."

  1. Anonymous Says:
    February 18, 2009 at 10:27 PM

    Brooks is a really good author, however Genesis is actually the beginning of Shannara although it was written last.

  2. Joy says:
    February 25, 2009 at 1:36 PM

    Great review of these books. Sounds like they may be reads worth checking out!