Downseed The Next Wave Of Rock.....


Welcome back my friends to the third official installment of Simple Man Entertainment. I know that this blog has been very erratic with postings, but as I have a lot of irons in the fire I really don’t want to waste your time or mine with mediocre material. As a result I spend a lot of time watching, reading, and listening to all sorts of material in an effort to find the real gold nuggets in entertainment out there in order serve you up the best in any genre I recommend for you to sample.

With that being said I think I may have found something within the genre of music. Now I will tell you that these guys are not major headliners…..yet, but they have the talent and ability to be so, and the bands name is Downseed. Before I go any further I would like to thank a friend of mine Chrystal Mahan very much for bringing these guy’s to my attention.

The band Downseed was originally formed in 2000, and promptly took its place at the forefront of melodic heavy rock. The original lineup toured all over the country as well as being featured on radio shows, websites, and appearances in interviews. However after such a short period of time the band went on hiatus in 2001 to recover from the heavy toll all of that placed on them and ultimately split up.

However in 2005 they reformed the band with all new members except for original member and front man Matt McConnell. They also kept the tunes the original members performed on their roster, but looked to make new music more in keeping with the times that the group chose to re-forge themselves within.

Since the time of Downseeds reformation they have undergone several changes in the lineup of its members. The 05 incarnation consisted of Matt McConnell on vocals, Nate Cupp on guitars and vocals, Billy Davidson on drums, Phil Murray on bass, Brian fork on guitars, and Jack Carpenter on samples and keyboards. These guys were the new foundation for a hard hitting in your face sound that I think is off the chain.

However the current line up, which has changed to include Mike Green in place of Brian fork. In 08 Phil Murray would leave for personal reasons to be replaced by William Szcezpanik on bass and Billy Davidson left the same year being replaced by Dan Cribbins on drums. Jack Carpenter was replaced by Eean Lee on Keys. Mike Green would also leave and his axe duties picked up by Matt giving us the bands current lineup.

I will say this I listen to all kinds of music and I listen to hard rock and metal in particular, and these guys are some of the heaviest dudes I have heard come along in quite a while. I think these guys also have the potential to go all the way to the top with their current lineup as long as they avoid the pitfalls that seem to plague so many great, talented, young bands. I really look forward to seeing them in the national spotlight, and very soon I hope.

I am putting some links to the bands website, MySpace, and YouTube page on here as well as one of their videos. I hope you all enjoy them as much as I have. Have an awesome week and I will be back again soon CIAO4NOW!!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/downseed

http://www.youtube.com/downseed

http://www.downseed.com/


4 Response to "Downseed The Next Wave Of Rock....."

  1. Anonymous Says:
    February 25, 2009 at 7:06 AM

    I got to tell you that their sound is pretty raw and hard, but I like it that way. Great post and awesome band Tim keep it up bro.

  2. Joy says:
    February 25, 2009 at 1:34 PM

    Thanks for bringing the new band to our attention. I always enjoy checking out new music. Give these guys a bit, a little refining, and I think they'll become a big headline! Great post!

  3. Anonymous Says:
    February 25, 2009 at 1:34 PM

    Rockin man! These dudes definitely rock out! Glad you highlighted them here. Can't wait to see what they can do in the future.

  4. C.Mahan says:
    February 25, 2009 at 5:11 PM

    THANK YOU!! What else can I say?? It was nice of you to do a write up for me and the guys... Now I feel like I owe you a blog ;)